Thursday, December 24, 2015

ST200 primed and base coated/clear coated

I have been working on this SkyTeam ST200 off and on for the past six month now. I been searching the Internet trying to locate OEM or aftermarket parts for this dirt bike. If people had this SkyTeam-ST200 they must of got rid of it in the dump somewhere, It's hard to find parts new or used anywhere in the united state from my search on the internet I just don't know anymore now. I brought this bike in westerly,Rhode Island and they must be more SkyTeam ST models out there somewhere in the united state.
But anyway let back to the build on the ST200, from the last post I was talking about stripping it to bare metal and that process got done on all parts that was going to be painted on, but it took some time had to re-apply the paint remover a few time then wet sanded and apply a few coat of primer sealer, once all parts were done with the sealer I store the frame, swing arm and gas tank once it was painted black back in storage and took a break from the bike for a couple weeks due to other projects that needed my attention plus I wasn't sure what color I wanted to paint the bike. One day I was going through my storage room and found a box of automotive paint from a airbrush work I did on a  youth center club van and one of the color was a nice Toyota light gray I picked from one of the books at the auto body supply store. It was one full 1 quart of light gray that I just used it for painting in shadow on the lettering. I felt it was enough paint to cover all the parts on the bike also it save me some money where i can use the money on other things on the build. So the paint supplies were taking care of but I have other problem with my 27 gal. compressor I brought some time ago on Craigslist I got burn on the compressor I didn't notice the regulator was bad on it it seem holding compressing on the gauges and brought it and took it home and put it away until i needed it. I thought it was working find until I used it on a project using a sprayer that's when i notice the regulator was not working correct, So I had to take some to jimmy something up to fix it by by passing the old regulator and screwing on a harbor freight regulator. Now I can start the paint process and prep parts for paint.

There is one thing I skip was the fabrication of the rear fender bracket that I made and welded to the frame. Now all the parts are painted and clear coated, I let it sit for a couple more weeks before I  putting it all back together.


        

No comments:

Post a Comment