Thursday, December 17, 2015

ST200 Tear down dismantle.


It's that time to start the process to dismantle my SkyTeam-ST200 dirt bike.I got my black sharpie marker and a box of large plastic zip bag to help organize the parts as I am taking them off the bike to help keep them together. before I get head of myself I took some time to take a few pictures to help me later when It's time to put it all back together, the pictures will help me just in case I forgot how the part went back together. So here I go I hope it all comes apart with no problems like stripped bolts or snapped bolts or anything in between , I got my tools out and my coffee, now I am ready to take on this beast. The seat came off first real easy it was already not bolted down, so those bolts will be needed for remounting. Started to remove the rear wheel and brake caliper. I had to hammer out the rear excel bolt was seized but not as worst as the swing arm bolt, that took some ferniest using weld blaster and hamming on one side of the bolt and being real careful not to mangle the swing arm shaft bolt. The front end triple tree steering bearing was shot, steering bearing kit so you know that's on the part list to order. Exhaust pipe and muffler seem okay the front pipe outer surface had surface rust, I think it can be brought back with a wire wheel and a few coats of black heat resistant paint.      
On the photo you can tell that the gas tank is black when it was red before. I spray on some Aircraft paint remover on it. really wasn't digging the red on the tank. Once I got the paint off the tank the surface of the tank was in rough shape on both side of the gas tank was cover with deep scratches from the priest owner using the wrong grid side sand paper on it. To remove the deep scratches from the tank I had to use my heat gun and sweat it out and flatting out the scratches in the plastic down, then I wet sanded the whole thank and repeated the process a few more time until I got it smooth enough to apply a few coat of Dupli-Color primer Adhesion Promoter, then I painted it black. It doesn't show that the tank is painted on these picture but you can see the dull spots on the tank.

I had to take some more picture of the wire hardness before I cut off the zip-ties that's holding the wire to the frame. The electrical was a mess, it was tangle and hack back together not neat at all.  possibly I can save part of the electrical system and replace what is needed. I know I have to find a wire diagram for the bike to wire up the lights to the electrical system that I want to install on the bike. If I can't find the wire diagram I'll just use one from another bike that is similar to my dirt bike that has a light system. Okay the electrical is bag and label, now it time to remove the 200cc engine out the frame with the mounting bolts and brackets and set it aside for later to be degrease and cleaned with the frame and other small parts that
Frame and swing arm degrease and cleaned ready for stripper.
need to be degrease. I am going to strip all the parts to bare metal wet sand them and then prime all parts that are going to be painted.


1 comment:

  1. Have you possibly found manual for this bike? Would really aprieciate if you would share such material with me, thx.

    ReplyDelete