Friday, December 18, 2015

Skyteam-ST200 stripping to bare metal.

It's been a slow tidiest process of carefully removing parts and logging each parts in plastic zip bags. The parts that are needed on my parts to order list has been harder then I thought to be, try to find them on the internet like eBay,Amazon,chinese parts website. It seem like this SkyTeam ST200 chinese dirt bike were more available in the UK and other country then the united state. But I wont give up I'll try to match up other parts from other chinese dirt bikes to help to put this bike back together. I really need the tank side panel and the rear side panels. I found one of the rear side panels on the UK eBay but the shipping are expensively high, I'll buy the side panels at the end of the build from the UK or maybe I'll get lucky and score a set on ebay new or used.

I been real busy stripping off the paint on all the parts on the SkyTeam ST200 dirt bike to bare metal. Wasn't a easy task to get it done it was work. I probably could of payed someone to sand blasted the parts to make things easier on me, but I like to be involved in the whole process of the build from start to finish. It just take a little longer, I really don't mind the work at all, It's fun for me to do this type of work. its all about the end product and the processes getting there and enjoying every moment of the process of any of my project builds. I like new stuff but something about buying something beat up and old and to bringing it back to almost show room condition if I could is what I like to do. By no mean I am not a professional by trade but I have had many different type of work experience over the years.     

On this picture are the lower right is the gas tank
after the heat gun sweating out the deep sand paper scratches on both side oƒ the tank. You can tell from the picture its smooth enough to applied the primer adhesion promoter for plastic. 
I already have order a few parts like the steering bearing kit and the swing arm bearing kit from the UK and the rear brake pedal with spring it was used but in excellent shape with no rust it was power coated and that's great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment