Thursday, December 17, 2015

The condition of the ST200.

Here's the bike out back in day light
  Time to remove the SkyTeam ST200 dirt bike from the back of the van and bring it out to the sun light to completely check out the bike and the condition it's in. I can tell from the condition of the bike it was stored out side for some time from all the rust,dirt and the rusted out rear bearing. I guess the priest owner painted the gas tank/fender red and the frame and the engine was painted the same color a light gray. Most of the body panels were missing its panels, no rear fender,side panels or the gas tank panel. the loose parts that the bike came with was the air-filter box with missing filter top and the battery bracket holder that was damaged and the battery cover. No rear brake pedal, no rear brake master cylinder, seized front brake lever. plus the wrong size clutch cable and the electrical hardness was hack and mangle a big mess. I have a big under taking on this Chinese cloned Honda XR200 dirt bike. It's funny I didn't even know really not thing about dirt bike. the only experience I had was way back when I was around 17 years old when i fixed up my friend bike that he have giving to me fro free because he couldn't get it running right. I fixed that bike real nice and then my friend wanted it back. I had fun riding it around the neighborhood, than it got impounded by the police, I had no paper work for the bike. Now that I am 48 years old  I kinda want to relived that experience fixing and riding a motorcycle again and this time around to do it right with a frame up restoration work. just cause i want to. no real reason way I  just want to rebuild a old  dirt bike and ride it at this age in life.           

On the picture on the right, bike has a white front fender. I order a used dirt bike body panel set from Ebay from a early Honda XR200 to see how it will fit. Since I can't find any body plastic panel for this model in the united state at all, just in the UK selling on Ebay. I took these shots before I tear down the bike down to start the process of labeling and bagging parts and making a list of parts needed and supplies for stripping part to bear metal to prep ready for primer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment